God’s picture of home is central to the Bible from beginning to end His purpose is to dwell with his people in an open, free, loving relationship. We see this in all the key stories: Creation, Promised Land, His glory filling the tabernacle and temple, the coming of Christ, the coming of the Holy Spirit, the final picture of new heaven and new earth - at their very core, all of these have the dwelling of God with humanity. We are designed specifically to not only know our Creator but to live with Him forever.
We join our cry with Moses for His presence. We sing with the Psalmist that He is our dwelling place (Ps. 91).
These small groups are key to the life of our church and is where the vision meets the road. These groups involve long term relationships.
Things we value on our way home:
- Worship- welcoming His presence
- Fellowship - sharing His presence
- Outreach - Inviting to His presence
- Discipleship - growing in His presence
- Ministry - serving in His presence
- Humor - laughing in His presence
- Prayer - developing an atmosphere of His presence
- Prophecy - declaring His presence