19 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Many people begin the New Year with resolutions that they hope will help them overcome obstacles in their lives. The more they do this the more they discover that they need daily dependence on God. I would like to again invite you to continue your daily dependency on God through daily devotions of Bible Reading, Reflection, Prayer and Helping the Needy among us.
We invite you to set a time in January and February 2016 to focus your prayer times on the following:
- Praise God for his faithfulness in bringing us through 2015.
- Praise God that he is Sovereign and in control of the universe even in the midst of all
turmoil around us.
- Spend time daily to recognize God’s Greatness and Goodness.
- Invite God daily to be with you and your family in 2016.
- Pray that Churches may be focused in what God has called each Church to be doing.
- Pray for Pastors and other church ministry leaders that the Lord will guide them as they
spend time in his presence to plan and execute their ministries.
- Spend time to pray that God may raise workers to go into full time Christian ministry.
- Pray for missionaries your local church supports so that they may be successful in their
work. Pray for their protection and provision.
- Pray for BCBC as we are engaged in church planting and church revitalization that the
Lord will provide finances for us to fulfill the mission the Lord has given us.
- Pray for our pastors who have retired or are nearing retirement that they may feel
valued and appreciated. That they may still find ways to continue serving the Lord in
various local churches.
- Pray for the comfort of those who have lost loved ones.
- Keep praying that the Lord will raise his church once again through revival so we may be
relevant in our communities as we continue being witnesses for Christ in the world.
- Pray for our government so that they may lead people in ways that will glorify God. They
need wisdom in their decisions.
- Pray for people to turn to God’s word so they begin reading the Bible again.